Friday, October 14, 2011

Stager Perfection

Martha Cole
Staging and Redesign

Master Bedroom

Master Bath feels spa-like

Living

Kitchen
Attention: Amazing Stager, Martha Cole!  She staged this home at 932 E 56th street and it went under contract in 3 days.  For more information about her see below......



Who I am...
My name is Martha Cole. I’m a wife, mother of two teenage girls, former teacher, stay-at-home mom, and I have been obsessed with homes and interiors since childhood. My husband and I have renovated two older homes in Austin, successfully modernizing while preserving the original charm of the homes. I also founded a decorating ministry at my church which uses volunteer labor and donated materials to furnish and decorate rooms for families in Habitat for Humanity homes. The ministry has been written up in Austin Homes & Gardens and Presbyterians Today.
I have done self-study on interior design for many years, and I am an advocate of architect Sarah Suzanka’s Not So Big House philosophy. One of my favorite hobbies is going to open houses around Austin. I have a particular weakness for small cottage- and bungalow-type homes in some of Austin’s older neighborhoods, and I love to see these little gems being maintained, preserved, lived in and loved.

What I do...
Staging and redesign have completely different goals, but both take savvy design skills.

With staging, I can help homeowners make their homes more appealing, more inviting, and appear more spacious so that potential buyers get a great first impression as well as a sense of how they would live in the home (and they happy life they’d have if they bought the home). Decluttering, removing distracting personal items, rearranging, improving lighting and highlighting a home’s best features are keys to staging. Staging can help a home sell faster and for a higher price.

Redesigning is the art of creating wonderful interiors with the homeowner’s existing furnishings and accessories. I have a gift for being able to work with whatever is on hand. It’s all about using basic design principles: color, form, scale/proportion, repitition, etc. Even humble furnishings can look fabulous if arranged well.



Martha A. Cole
5915 Highland Hills Drive
Austin, TX 78731
MarthaACole@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment