Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July - Austin Style

What an amazing 4th! We started the day bright and early for the Allandale Parade.  The weather was slightly overcast which was perfect.  I grew up in Allandale and my parents used to take me, my brother, and sister to the parade when we were kids. I still remember decorating my bike and eating snow cones!

Amy's Ice Cream, Taco Shack, Jim Jim's, and HEB were a few of the sponsors and we had a huge turn out from the Allandale Neighborhood. Bag pipes, drums, and vintage cars, it was so fun.  Siena loved it!  Especially the blueberry icecream from Amy's, what a great breakfast!


Later, we watched fireworks from my parent's roof top where Siena learned the words boom boom.  She kept saying Boom Boom Moom (Moon).  It was a spectacular sight watching the fireworks explode right under the full moon.


Siena walking around the parade
Blueberry Amy's Ice Cream and some apples and bananas to keep it healthy
Four Generations on the 4th
My grandmother Ruby and mom walking in the Parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment